Our priority is the health of our residents, staff and community.
At Scenic Living Communities, our primary focus is our residents and to maintain a safe and healthy environment. We continue to follow all guidance provided by federal, state, and local health departments and regulatory agencies. We are in constant communication to implement safety protocols and monitor this evolving situation. This is a difficult time for us all. We’re incredibly grateful to our staff for their commitment to our residents, and to our residents, their families and the entire community for their understanding and support.
What we’re doing
To keep our community safe, we’re following all guidance provided, including:
- Restricting visitors and guests from entering our buildings.
- Suspending communal activities and dining.
- Monitoring residents’ health by screening for symptoms, following isolation guidelines and encouraging use of face masks.
- Monitoring staff’s health through screening procedures, requiring masks and eye protection, and following all return to work protocols.
- Practicing social distancing, as appropriate for both residents and staff.
- Enhancing all sanitation protocols.
How we’re reporting incidents
As a long-term care community, we are required to alert Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), staff, residents and residents’ families when three or more staff or residents report new onset of respiratory symptoms with in 72 hours of each other or with any positive confirmed cases.
How we’ll phase in changes
While restrictions are lifting within our area, long-term care facilities, like Scenic Living Communities, will be among the last places allowed to ease protocols. Our priority is the health and wellness of our residents and staff. We will continue to follow all guidance and recommendations provided.
We’ll continue to communicate pertinent changes to our policies and protocols with our residents and their families.
What you can to do to help
We all play a role in stopping the spread of the virus within our community. Here’s how you can help:
- Wear a face mask when in public and follow other CDC guidelines, which can be found https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Follow social distancing guidance.
- Stay home when ill and report symptoms to a medical professional.
- We encourage all to check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Scenic-Living-Communities-116652548359137/
- Please also contact us if you need any assistance communicating with residents. We have multiple ways to support communication and are happy to help in any way we can.